Friday, September 09, 2005

Multiple Sclerosis... allow me a few minutes on the soapbox please!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society is my charity of choice. My sister-in-law died from MS 6 years ago and her daughter (my niece) was diagnosed with the disease shortly before my sister-in-law died. MS is a disease of the central nervous system that attacks young adults in the prime of their lives. Teenagers are now being diagnosed at a higher rate than ever before. Central Pennsylvania has a higher population of people diagnosed with MS than most other parts of the country. Because this cause is so close to our hearts, my family does this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Every year we hold a charity golf tournament at the Iron Masters Country Club in Roaring Spring, PA to benefit the MS Society. Due to the hard work of my brother and the wonderful sponsorship of my sister and brother-in-law's company, our tournament is the most successful charity golf tournament in the area. It continues to get bigger and better every year while other local tournaments are suffering the effects of the economy and dwindling participation. We are thankful for this.

Our tournament yesterday was blessed with fabulous weather, generous people, good food, and good fun!

Oh, did I mention that I get to sit on a par 3 hole all day long on one of Central PA's most beautiful golf courses and KNIT???

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

For more information about the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, visit this website:
National MS Society Welcome

0 comments: