Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Continuing Saga of the Sweater Yarn

Well of course the first thing I did when I ran out of yarn was to send the LYS an email and tell them to pull a skein of my blue yarn off the shelf and save it for me. So I stop there at lunch time to find two skeins of it sitting on the counter. And I said, "Oh thank goodness you still have some of this. I only need one skein." And the girl proceeds to tell me that they are TWO DIFFERENT DYE LOTS and which one did I have? I'm telling you if there was any difference in the colors of those two skeins of yarn I'll eat my hat. And of course I didn't keep the bands off of any of the original skeins that I bought. (Big lesson learned here, BIG) This leads to a very interesting question. If there were two different dye lots on that shelf, and I pulled six skeins off the shelf originally and took them to the counter and paid for them, did I even GET six skeins of the same dye lot to begin with? Maybe not. I've decided that after all this I need to come up with a good name for this sweater. The pattern doesn't have a name... unless you like "easy bulky sweater" which doesn't really appeal to me. I'm thinking of something like "blue madness". Whatever. Life goes on.

1 comments:

Tara said...

I'm not a good one to give advice about this b/c, like you, I can never see the difference. I've heard other people's horror stories, but I don't have any of my own. If you just need enough to finish that last sleeve, throw caution to the wind and go "eeny meeny miney mo"!