Monday, April 04, 2005

Tonight will tell the tale

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The orange marker is where I picked up the multitude of accidently dropped stitches. As you can see, I will begin to drop stitches through that area when I knit tonight. I have no idea what is going to happen since I retrieved the stitches and put them back on the needles without a clue of how to twist them as I went up the rows with the crochet hook. I don't know if they will drop or not....or more accurately, drop correctly. If this thing is buggered up I'm going to stick with socks for the rest of my life. I have yet to mess up a pair of socks.

I worked on this all weekend. I didn't think it would need to be blocked but if I ever do finish it, it will definitely need blocked.

I'm anxious to pick the sweater back up and get it finished as well. After that I think I'll work on reducing some of my sock yarn stash. Speaking of stash, apparently April 1st was "show your stash day". Somehow I missed that. Mine isn't that impressive but I saw photos of one girl's stash in a blog that just BLOWS MY MIND. And she said she has only been knitting for a year.
She had to take 3 photos to fit it all in and she said her HUSBAND helped her lay it all out to photograph it. He must be from Mars. My husband would have laid ME out if I had that much yarn. And, it was GOOD yarn too. God bless her. She obviously knows some kind of trick or secret that I don't.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly, thanks for the comment and visiting my blog. Please don't be jealous regarding Eleanor as I'll pick up several other projects and forget her. By the way, I forgot to tell you that the Scarf Style book I have is a loaner from the library.

I'm looking forward to seeing the finish project.

I missed the "show your stash day" too. However, I was amazed to see that there are some serious yarn stores that are dying to open due to the amount of stash.