Friday, February 15, 2008

T.G.I.F.

I've had such a boring week. Nothing is going on at work. Real Estate is so weather driven. When the weather is bad, real estate activity dies. And we're in the middle of a dry spell. But it is the calm before the storm. The tide will turn in March as it always does. So I guess I should just shut up and enjoy the lull. But I do hate to be bored.


I made some progress on Colin's sleeves last night.
I've never done two sleeves at a time but it seems like the way to go on a baby sweater. I just want to get this sweater done an move on. I've had such trouble with it. And, truly, I think it's going to be too small now. If I would have finished it when I had planned to, he would have gotten some good use out of it. (But don't get me started on Zoe.....)
My son's girlfriend is visiting for a few days so that should be fun. She lives in Cecil which is a town I'm sure my Pittsburgh buds are familiar with. I'd like to take her to the LYS tomorrow. I got her knitting over the holidays but I haven't had a chance to ask her if she has kept at it.
Valentine's Day was interesting. I love Yankee Candles. But there is one that I abhor. It's the one people should keep on hand to use if someone passes out. Stick it under someone's nose and use as smelling salts. It's that strong. And, yes, it's the one DH chose to get me for Valentine's Day. Out of how many????? I thought I'd take it back but he thought it would be nice to light it last night when I wasn't paying attention. Naturally I didn't tell him I didn't like it... because, after all, it's the thought that counts. But I can tell you now I'm going to light that thing and let it burn forever just to get it out of my house! And in case you were wondering... It's Home Sweet Home. A better name for it would be Die Lungs Die. But my sweet Mr. C. made up for it with chocolate covered strawberries. He's such a good grandson to know exactly what I'd like.
I have thoughts of the Pinwheel Blanket running through my head for Clare. I'm trying to ignore them. (Did I tell you the new baby's name is Clare??) Anyhow, I really want to cast on for that but I must. get. other. things. finished first!!!!
Happy Weekend. Knit on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg Holly, I snorted, absolutely SNORTED when I read Die Lungs Die. That's hysterical. I do like that scent, but not as much as I like some of their other ones (Balsam Fir and Mediterranean Cypress are my current faves). And cherry lemonade, or something like that. Yum.

Shell said...

Wow, you have totally redone your blog set up - I like it!
I was laughing so hard when I read the description of the candle scent.
Ahh well - maybe it will work in summer to keep the mesquito's away??