BLAST FROM THE PAST
Blast From the Past
A High School Meme, borrowed from CHERYL
1. Who was your best friend? I had two.. Terrie and Linda
2. What sports did you play? Softball and Tennis (not well either)
3. What kind of car did you drive? My mother’s Buick something or other.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you? Probably at Terrie's house.
5. Were you a party animal? No.
6. Were you considered a flirt? No.
7. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I think I was in the chorus.
8. Were you a nerd? I wouldn't say nerd. But I was probably one step away.
9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Oh, I was WAY too boring for that.
10. Can you sing the fight song? We had an alma mater. Not a fight song. I know the first line.
11. Who was your favorite teacher? Mr. Thompson. He taught personal typing. I took one year.
It was the most intelligent thing I could have done. No other class has served me so well.
12. School mascot? A tiger
13. Did you go to Prom? yes
14. If you could go back and do it over, would you? I wouldn't go back, but if I had to, I'd do it
a lot differently.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? It was inside due to weather and I kept thinking my boyfriend, who was in the Air Force would show up and surprise me. He didn't.
16. Where were you on senior skip day? There was no senior skip day. Or if there was, I was
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, I worked at Grant's department store.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch? No one left the building. Lunch was the cafeteria
and ONLY the cafeteria.
19. Have you gained weight since then? I was never thin. But to answer the question, yes.
20. What did you do after graduation? Went to college for one year.. then work.
21. Who was your Senior prom date? My boyfriend at the time, Tim.
22. Are you going / did you go to your 10 year reunion? I went. I'm over it now.
23. Who was your home room teacher? I remember one. He was gay when no one was gay.
24. Who will repost this after you? Beats me.
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
BLAST FROM THE PAST
Posted by Holly at 8:27 AM
It seemed to take forever for these socks. First of all, it was the first pair I ever did two at a time using two sets of dp's. I made the mistake of cutting the yarn every time I started work on the second sock instead of separating the yarn into two balls to start. So that was a mistake that created a lot of unnecessary loose ends to weave in at the end. Lesson learned. It was nice to have a pair of socks at the end of my knitting but I have to say that I may go back to one at a time. These were made using Tofutsie yarn available here:
Victoria's House of Needleart
I have misplaced my blue trellis and vine wrap. I spent about an hour looking for it the other day and I'm just sick that I mgiht have accidently left it somewhere. It's the perfect wrap for cool nights at the beach with a white shirt and jeans. So tonight I will go through some boxes of winter clothes (I can't believe I would have put it away) and tear apart a few closets in search of it.
I am STILL plugging away at the lace shawl. Every night I have to fight with myself to work on it and not start something new. I know for a fact that I won't finish it before I do start something new but the game now is to see how long I can last before I do it.
I've watched the last two edisodes of "Saving Grace" with Holly Hunter. There was so much hype about that show and I have to say that I'm sort of up in the air with it. I can't decide whether I like it or hate it. I really like Holly Hunter. But if push came to shove, I think I'd have to say ... two thumbs down. It's not that I don't like the whole fantasy angel thing. I just think the writing is below average.
I think it's time to get some work done. But I'd love to go home and knit.
note added later: I finally got Colin's chest measurement. It's looking bad for the pink lace shawl!
Posted by Holly at 7:35 AM
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
This week is dragging. I just want it to be the weekend. My sinus infection is once again slowly gaining momentum. Obviously one antibiotic was not enough to kick it's butt. So I'm feeling lousy again. The good news is that I have an already-scheduled doctor appointment today for a check-up so I can address the issue while I'm there.
On to knitting...
One of my favorite blogs is Brooklyn Tweed. This guy can knit. And he knits fast. I wonder if he works. Probably. I must not have read that far back to see what it is he actually does besides knit. Anyhow, I found this pattern there this morning. I may have to make these soon just because I want to. They are adorable. http://members.home.nl/tdpj/Patronen/Bootees/Saartjes%20bootees.pdf
I don't know of any babies coming but I'll have them ready when they do.
Work is slowing down now. It always does the end of July and August. It will pick back up in September. I'm happy for the break. I found myself at home yesterday at 5:00pm and it was just plain weird! I put two more repeats on the pink lace stole and I have 5 to go to start the borders.
Posted by Holly at 9:14 AM
Monday, July 23, 2007
Posted by Holly at 3:13 PM
Friday, July 20, 2007
Posted by Holly at 8:12 AM
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
Posted by Holly at 9:12 AM
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I've been an absentee blogger, I know. But I have been knitting a little. I finished Kelly's skinny scarf (photo tomorrow maybe?) and now I have to figure out what to do about a hat to match.
We went to the LYS (finally) the other day and I got some new yarn to make Colin a sweater for Fall. My intention is to put a few more repeats on the pink lace shawl before I start his sweater. I'd like to at least get to the point where I start the border. I have not read ahead in that pattern. That's probably a good thing. Because when I get to the point where I read that I don't know how to finish it after all this work, I'm going to scream.
Since my life isn't crazy enough, I joined a gym this week. My intention is to go Monday through Friday at 7:00AM and work out and take the weekend off. And if I miss a day through the week, I'll try to get there on Saturday. I really don't have time for this, but I also really need it. I need more energy to get me through my days and the only way I'm going to get it is by charging up my metabolism and energy level. It's kind of weird that you have to expend energy to get more energy. But I guess that's how it works. And if I get stronger, and lose some weight in the bargain, well then I guess it will all be worth it. Anyhow, I have to say, it feels good so far.
(well actually every muscle in my body aches but I think you know what I mean)
Hopefully I'll have some photos tomorrow.
Posted by Holly at 8:05 AM
Tuesday, July 03, 2007
I put one repeat on the pink lace shawl the other night and haven't touched anything since. I'm so tempted to start Kelly's scarf and hat with the manos del uruguay we bought in NYC. They will go quickly on big needles. But of course, if I do that, I'll let the pink thing sit just like I did before.
I want to start so many things. Fall is coming and I'd like to start a sweater for Colin too. He got a little boy haircut yesterday. His baby curls are gone. He looks a year older. I'm going to miss his curls.
Tonight is the big yarn sale at my LYS. I don't need yarn. I'm commited to busting my stash. But it won't hurt to go and LOOK, right?? And I do have the Mother's Day gift certificate. I miss all of my knitting friends. But work will settle down soon and I'll be back at it again. I have an easy day today in fact. Which is a mighty rare occasion these days.
Here is a photo of me and Colin taken last week (before his haircut)
And Colin after:
Posted by Holly at 9:43 AM