Monday, June 27, 2005

Fronts and Tea

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got fronts! I finished the front of "W" and I almost finished the front of "Arlene". Of course I forgot to take my camera home so I don't have photos of the progress but here is a somewhat recent photo of "W". For those of you looking for a interesting pattern, W is it.

I missed the "stitcher's night covered dish" at my LYS on Saturday. I would like to have attended but one of my best friends was co-hosting a "high tea" party at her house (hat's mandatory) and you can't be two places at once. Talk about fun... that tea party was the best. Her table was gorgeous and the food was great. We laughed until we were sick. Some of the activities were such a hoot. Hats and outfits were judged, we had to tell where and why we purchased the outfit, we had to explain why we thought our favorite tea matched our personality, we had to tour the hostess's new landscaping but only so that her neighbors could see us in our finery and wonder what the hell was going on. We were informed about the history of tea, the benefits of tea and the introduction of iced tea at the world's fair in 1904! They read a humorous commentary from one of Andy Rooney's 60 Minutes segments about women over 40. Hysterical! Tea quotations were written on little cards and placed at everyone's place at the table. They were supposedly chosen to match the guest's personality. Mine said "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot. And whoever this "Earl Grey" fellow is, I'd like to have a word with him." by Jean Luc Picard, Star Trek, The Next Generation. Do you think my friends might find me a tad outspoken??? Who? Me?

Tons of photos were taken for a scrapbook that will be reviewed every year at this annual event. I can't wait until next year. I'm going to be SO much better prepared. For this party, I threw on a sheath dress and a plain, wide brimmed straw hat, and flew out the door. Next year I will do a little planning and maybe I won't win for the "most plain" ensemble!!! But, on the bright side, I won the cutest little bear candle made out of beeswax and a jar of honey. Parting gifts included a potted "lemon" plant to flavor tea, a little bag of assorted tea bags and a meditation CD suited to our personalities. Mine is the ocean sounds because the hostess knows I'm obsessed with the beach. I think it's safe to say that this sort of thing really isn't "me" and sounds like something I would hate but I loved it.
Hopefully, I'm growing. (I'm growing alright....growing old!)

0 comments: