Friday, June 24, 2005

Holy Cleavage Batman!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Soleil II is finished. Sadly, I probably won't ever wear this. There isn't much I like about it. The fact that it's too low cut doesn't bother me because I'd be ok with wearing a camisole under it. It's the fact that it feels too big, too long, too flimsy, etc. I guess I could take it and do the tailoring thing with it but I'm just not feeling it. I don't think I'd like it even if it fit me. The color is good on me though. I've come to the conclusion that I just haven't knit for myself enough yet to understand good fit and how to make a pattern work for me. And to tell you the truth, I don't know if I'll ever be able to alter a pattern to work for me because my brain just can't work that way. I can follow instructions, I just can't make them up! Geez, no wonder that through the years I rarely knit for myself! This is sooooooo frustrating!

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

I'm so sorry that you knitted Soleil and you don't like it. I think that you could wear it on cool spring, summer, and fall days with a shirt under it like a vest.

Don't quit knitting after this experience. You make beautiful things.

Anonymous said...

Just landed here from a sock knitter's link and saw teh Soleil. It looks great on you - at least in this picture. Maybe you can put it aside and reevaluate it later. Great with your coloring.