Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Stuff, just stuff

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here's the latest progress on Soleil II. Hopefully this one will fit me. I did take the other one to the seamstress to get it taken in a la Bonnie Marie. That should be interesting. The way I look at it, it can't hurt. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I DO like this KnitPicks cotton yarn. It's soft and nice to work with.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I started these socks last night at knitting night. I have a philosophy... crazy though it is.... I won't work on anything there if I haven't purchased the yarn for the project at the shop. It doesn't seem to bother anyone else to do it but I'm weird like that. I wanted to work on Soleil II but, sorry, Knitpicks yarn and I'm behind on my sock knitting anyhow. I like to give socks as Christmas gifts and I've got a few pairs to go. Knitting night was poorly attended. This is a busy time of year for everyone. There weren't too many of us "knit knuts" there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So here is another new obsession. I don't think I'd put the bobbles on it though. I love this sweater. But, I was thinking, I bet if they showed it in any other color but the light blue I wouldn't have even noticed it. Sometimes I think I'm attracted to color more than pattern. I have LOTS of new 0bsessions in that Vogue Quick Knits book. I want to make everything in there.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My roses are blooming. They are beautiful. They will look nice for a while and then they will get black spot which I never seem to be able to control every year. I spray and do all the things they say to do but they still get it. And this variety was supposed to be black spot resistant. Right.

0 comments: