Tuesday, June 21, 2005

W

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I got it into my head on Sunday that I just had to start knitty.com's pattern "W". It was one of those "I have to do this and I have to do this NOW" type of things. So, not being able to find any good Aran weight yarn that wasn't wool anywhere, I headed off to A.C. Moore and did exactly what I know better than to do. I bought cheap yarn. Really cheap yarn. And I love how it's turning out. I'll hate it of course after the first washing but for now I love the colors and the feel.
This pattern is so much fun. It is constantly changing and it's fun to watch the pattern emerge.
I think I'll do it again in good yarn at some point in the future because I like how it's taking shape.

It sure beats the boredom of this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Arlene is so pretty but it sure is boring to work on. I think I'll bounce back and forth between the two of these until they are both complete. And then, for sure, it's on to Christmas gift knitting!

0 comments: