Thursday, August 18, 2005

Clapotis II Finished!















And once again the lovely Cate agreeing to model the (finally) finished Clapotis II. I worked some magic on the "flaw" and it is no longer an issue so it will go to my sister for her birthday on the 28th. I just love it but I'm glad it's finished.

I worked on the the "big blue" monstrosity sweater last night after I got the clapotis finished. I finished the sleeve in the brighter Cascade 220 that my Seattle friend was kind enough to send. To me it's very noticeable but it might not be so apparent to other people. The good thing is that it is two yarns held together and the other one is the same. Tonight I will finish the rolled neck with what I hope is enough left over of the original blue. I just have to pray that there is enough because I really don't want to have to use that brighter blue around the neck. I think that we can safely say that by this time, if I was going to find the Cascade 220 I needed, I would have. It's just not out there. I exhausted every avenue and I'm just tired of looking at an unfinished sweater.

I also took stock of my stash last night. While I KNOW it's not as bad as some, it's pretty bad. I will dig into this stuff now to finished up some Christmas gifts and then concentrate on some baby stuff. I've got babies (of nieces) coming in January and February. One is a girl. YAY. So much easier to knit for girls. After babies..... ROGUE!!

1 comments:

Biscuit said...

It's beautiful, though I have yet to figure out what a clapotis IS!