Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Vogue Knitting - Fall 2005



A quick critique... because I only have 15 minutes to leave for an appointment!

1. winsome eyelet pullover - Cute but I don't like bell sleeves. I wouldn't wear it and I wouldn't knit it.

2. circle cardigan - very creative and cute. Not me. I wouldn't wear it but I think it would be tons of fun to knit.

3. devil-may-care tie - there isn't much I like about that at all. Not the shape, not the color.. nope... nada.

4. Debbie Bliss cardigan - That is cute. But I don't like sweaters with a tie closure.

5. stunning gloves - stunning, yes. practical no. I think of gloves as being practical. I'd never wear them and I certainly wouldn't take the time to make them.

6. ankle brushing skirt - Way too big a project. Way, way too big. And I'd never wear it.

7. Bell sleeve pullover - what did I say about bell sleeves??

8. Sasha Kagan's top and hat - Love it. But it's too complicated for me and just something I would aspire to eventually ... but not anytime soon.

9. Purple sweater - LOVE IT! But I don't like the neck. Love the design, don't love the neck.
Did I mention I don't like the neck?

10. Orange cable cardigan - Love the sweater. I'd take the time to make this one. But not in orange.

11. red cable pullover - too... um.... trendy? I don't like the ruffled bottom or sleeve caps.

12. blue spiral cable pullover - there is not one thing I don't like about this. I'd wear it, I'd knit it, I'd buy that yarn to do it.

13. cascade 220 form fitting cardigan - someone pick me up off the floor. I think I fainted. It makes me want to lose more weight just to wear it. It's incredible. And I love Cascade 220.... especially when it occurs to me to buy enough of it for the entire project.

14. Chunky short cable cardigan... here again, love it, would wear it, would knit it, and I'd do it in that exact yarn. Sorry fiber snobs... but you have to admit... it looks great.

15. shawl - Well it reminds me of my failure: Michaela. I love it. It's fabulous. It would scare me after what I've been through with lace. Maybe ritalin would help.

16. Turkish cape - now that is just plain cute but I wouldn't go there. Too many color changes for me.

17. Rectangle wrap - just ho hum in my opinion. I'm not into fringey things.

18. Another lace shawl - I love it. I wish someone would make it for me so I wouldn't have to make it myself.

19. ditto above

20. knit suit. - classy looking. I'd certainly never take the time to knit it and I probably wouldn't wear it once I did.... and wouldn't that JUST KILL YOU if you went to all that trouble?

21. black and white cardigan - this is so me it's scary. I have to talk myself out of buying black and white when I shop because I have a tendency to ONLY buy black and white. I think I'd be more inclined to buy a sweater like this than take the time to make it.

22. michael kors turtleneck - very nice. I'd wear it. My husband certainly wouldn't.

23. knit coat - awesome. I'd kill for that. (well, ok, I'm exaggerating) I just love it. But it's something I know I'd quit in the middle of. Big and boring knit.... but worth it in the end.

24. tiny tank - there's something about that that reminds me of Knitt.com's "W" that I have on hold right now. But I don't like that deep V on this one and I'd never wear it.

25. retro design vest thingy - wow... takes me back to high school. And that was LONG time ago. It's cute. I think my daughters would like it.

26 - seed stitch vest - I'm just not a vest person but that's cute.

27. slip stitch vest - very cute design, very cute. I wish I liked vests because that's one I'd do if I did.

28. checkerboard fair isle - another vest - cute, but not for me.

29. and 30. - sporty hoodies - They are just adorable. If I didn't work and had all the time in the world to knit, I'd do them for my daughters. I don't see that happening in this lifetime.

31. racer top - awww... that's adorable. I'd think about that for cate and kelly.

32. hooded pullover - love it. Love the design, love the color. It's so wearable. I'd make that.

33. - arm warmers. -they're kidding, right? arm warmers? really? arm warmers? I'd be laughing too if I had to model them.

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
I liked No. 2 - Annie Modesitt's sweater but not enough to buy the magazine. Nothing really tickled my fancy.

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
Do you mind sending me the yarn for the No. 2 Pattern? I want to see if I can find a substitute as the yarn is very expensive.
Thanks