Wednesday, August 10, 2005

HELP....















me get these two sweaters out of my system! I have 4 projects in progress, about 30 rolling around in my head, and I can't get these two out of my mind... and don't forget about the Irish yarn and Rogue! Have I mentioned baby projects? We're having a population explosion in this family currently and I have to/want to knit for babies too! There definitely are not enough hours in the day to knit.

Maybe I can knit on vacaton... I don't know... I'm not much of a beach knitter. Does anyone like to knit on the beach? I just think sand and suntan lotion don't mix too well with yarn. I'm more of a beach reader than a beach knitter. In any case, Kiawah Island on Aug. 23rd and I CAN'T WAIT. This trip is my sister's birthday gift to me. This is a BIG birthday folks. I think this was my sister's way of keeping me from jumping off a bridge in a fit of depression over reaching the half century mark.

3 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
I prefer the sweater on the left as I am short waisted and the one on the right is too short for me. Plus, I like the cables better on the left.

I'm totally in love with the Interweave Knit Cable shrug; however, I'm going to do it my way meaning self designing one since I only have half the yarn that it calls for. I bought 5 skeins of Rowen's Magpie in a yummy blue color (the lys only had 5 skeins).

I don't think I would do beach knitting as sand and suntan lotion don't mix. Enjoy your trip to the beach.

jillz said...

I love that sweater on the left. Totally & completely! You have to make it. Right. Now. Hehe :D

You can knit on vacation! You won't be sitting on the beach all evening (or maybe you will?) bring something to finish up so that you can start something new when you get home!

You won the contest, by the way! Send me an email with your address so I can send something to you in the mail!

Nora said...

I also like the sweater on the left as it is more stylish (crop is more casual to me). You do not look like you are going to be 2 quarters:-> Heck, both my sisters are older than you! Have a happy birthday and a great vacation. (Read on the beach but knit in the AC while waiting for drinks, food or friends>=.)