Thursday, August 11, 2005

Never a Dull Moment

I'll start this story by telling you that I live in Hollidaysburg, PA which is the county seat of Blair County. It is a picturesque, historic little town. Crime is low. Sure, things happen here as in every community in the country but real crime is pretty rare.

I live on a tree lined street beside a big stone church in an area that can boast of few problems at any given time. I actually live in the historic district with a plaque on my house that is supposed to mean that the house is somewhat special but what it really means is that we can't do the improvements we'd like to due to a bunch of bleeding heart preservationists wh0 have a stroke everytime we mention the words "vinyl siding".

Anyhow, our car was stolen on our lovely street today, in broad daylight, right in front of our house. Were the keys in the ignition and the doors unlocked? Yep. Have we always done that when we knew we would be going back out shortly? Yep. Is that stupid in this day and age? Yep.

But in our defense, living in a community such as this spoils you to the point of stupidity.

Stay tuned.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
I'm so sorry to hear about your car being stolen. Isn't it awful when you get voilated like that especially in front of your own home?

I don't think you were stupid. It just takes one rotten berry to spoil the whole bunch.