Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Irish Yarn

I called Ireland this morning to order the other two skeins of yarn I will need to complete Rogue. knit this cabled hooded pullover :: rogue :: the girl from auntie I got a little old man on the phone with a decidedly yiddish accent with just a hint of brogue. Geez, that was a first! He was just the cutest thing. An Irish Jewish Elderly MAN selling yarn in an Irish yarn shop. I think he's one of a kind!

Of course it will be a hundred years before I attempt to start that project with everything else I have to do before that. But I'm still excited about it. It will have a special meaning since my daughter, who doesn't knit, bought the yarn for me in Ireland. Speaking of her, it hasn't been a good week for the O'Connors.... she lost ALL of her digital photos from Ireland when her computer hard drive crashed last week. She is going to try to have them recovered by someone who specializes in that so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. She called me crying when it happened. And THAT is why I sent all my digital photos to snapfish.com last week and had them put on CD's. (I don't have a burner) At least I feel safer about that now.

On the stolen vehicle front, we heard that two other vehicles were taken in our little town in the last month as well. Both in broad daylight and at lunchtime. I think we have a thief stealing cars on his lunch hour! None of the other ones have turned up either so I guess we better get car shopping and in a hurry.

I'm going to stop at the yarn shop today to pay my yearly "KnitKnuts" dues. (our little group)
If I was smart I'd just mail it in. God knows what all I'll buy while I'm there that I DO NOT NEED. :-)

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
The rogue is a beautiful sweater and whenever you get to it, you'll love it as the cables around the hood is lovely.

About your daugther, I feel her pain with computer crashes especially if she lost all those photos.

Lastly, my BIL's car got stolen from a park 'n ride and didn't get recovered for 3 years (I think) in a chop shop 45 minutes from where it was stolen. Sorry for that news, but I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Oh come on Holly- you know you love to go visit and spend lots of money at Victorias!!
LOL - just found your blog- and sorry ot hear about the van- life is getting crazy here isn't it!