Friday, May 13, 2005

Friday the 13th... with a vengence

Sooo.... If it was a perfect world I'd be in Niagara Falls by now. A trip planned in September that I was really looking forward to that got nipped in the bud a few weeks ago when DH realized he had a mandatory quarterly meeting this morning and a charity golf outing this afternoon. Goodbye Niagara Falls.

You're probably asking yourself (I'm sure) how I'm spending my day today since I no longer have travel plans. Well, after my house caught on fire in the middle of the night and after the engine in my car blew up on the way to work this morning, I'm pretty much just hanging out here happy to be alive and wishing I could get some sleep. It's all a long story but suffice it to say that when the next Friday the 13th rolls around, I will be hiding in a hole somewhere with a blanket over my head. Oh.. no damage to the house... somehow the shrubbery and mulch outside against the porch railing caught on fire (cigarette butt?) and I actually was wakened by the smell of smoke through the bedroom window...thank GOD the windows were open. I live in a 1891 historical victorian tinderbox. Had that porch caught on fire, it would have been all over. Yep, we had fire engines, an ambulance, a police car, and fire whistles and sirens to wake the neighborhood at 1:30am. I'm a very lucky person today. I think I'll celebrate life tonight with a bottle of wine ...or two.

Now, on to knitting news. I'm enjoying Soliel. I had trouble with that decorative edging though. Very simple pattern... should have been a no brainer.... but I'm a little distractable and I kept forgetting yarn overs or psso's. I'd be knitting along thinking everything was fine until I got to the end of the row and didn't have enough stitches to complete the pattern. Frog. Frog. Frog.
This poor cotton yarn has taken a beating.

So Cate just called me and told me she did something to her knee and she can't walk. I'm sorry but it's getting a little freaky now. Stay tuned.

1 comments:

Cheryl:) said...

Holly!! Thank goodness you (and the house) are ok!!!!

And soliel is looking fabulous!!!