Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!

What is it with me and sweaters? I get to within 4 inches on a sleeve to finish my big sweater and run out of yarn. I end up hating the baby sweater and rip it all out, and now I'm realizing that the Soliel I'm making is too big for me. As I was knitting away on it last night... and loving the results.... I'm thinking, this thing looks awfully big. I measured myself, I swatched, it should be right, but it still is just looking very ...large. So I got some waste yarn and threaded it through the stitches on the needle and took it off the needle and tried it on. Sure enough, it's too big. I refuse to frog this thing. I will keep it as a gift for someone although I'm not sure who. It was meant to be form fitting and it would be very loose on me. I think it would fit my older daughter right now the way it is but she is rapidly losing weight so that's not an option and I don't think she would like it anyway. It's not her style. Hey, maybe I'll sell it on Ebay!! One thing is for sure. I like this pattern so much that I will try it again in the smaller size. I'd like to try Knitpicks "Shine" yarn in yellow the next time although I'm really liking this Butterfly Mercerized Cotton too. Decisions, decisions.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Oh Holly, I've gotten in one of those funks too where everything you knit just doesn't work out for one reason or another. Just keep trucking along and it will get better!