Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Knitting News

Last night was knitting night at the LYS. I worked on my Opal sock and we finalized our plans for Maryland Sheep and Wool. There will be 7 of us going and I will drive our 7 passenger mini-van so it all worked out pretty well. I have visions of having to stop at the closest Sears to buy one of those "luggage bubble" things for the top of the car to bring home all the loot. I told them it IS an "extended" van but let's not get carried away!!

In non-knitting news our dog has recently been hacking up a lung and I was sure something was caught in her throat. My husband called the vet (who is our friend) and told him about it. He said, "Well, is she dead?" My husband said, no, she is decidedly NOT dead. To which the vet replied, "then she doesn't have anything stuck in her throat and she has kennel cough". I'd like to know how a dog who has no social life whatsoever (sort of like her owners) ends up with kennel cough. She has not been boarded, she has not been walked (we're terrible dog parents), and she does not have any close doggie friends other than the dogs in the neighboring yard who also have no life. Anyhow, he said to give her Robitussin cough syrup. YOU try giving a 85 lb. dog digusting cough medicine. Not gonna happen. Strange that at 9 years of age it's her first bout of kennel cough.

I've made progress on the Debbie Bliss baby jacket. I have to say that it is turning out much larger than anticipated. I did not swatch it to get the gauge correct because I didn't care if I didn't knit to gauge on this. I mean, it's gonna fit the kid at some point, right? I just didn't anticipate the fact that the kid would have to wait until 5th grade to wear it. I think Debbie Bliss is British, right? They must grow 'em big over there. :-)

1 comments:

Tara said...

Have fun at MSW this weekend! Maybe I'll plan ahead next year so i can go too. Hope your doggy is feeling better soon!