Sunday, May 01, 2005

So much for socks and stash reduction...

Traveled the 40 miles to State College, PA, to go to Barnes and Noble Friday night in search of a "baby knits" book. The choices were endless but I finally decided on this one:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I don't think there is a pattern in this book that I wouldn't make. Every single one is cute. I think it's a book I will use over and over as (hopefully) grandchildren come along. So, since I got the book, of course I had to get the yarn for the baby gift I have to make. The pattern calls for Debbie Bliss (of course) cashmerino aran yarn but I didn't want to make it in wool so I settled on this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It is "Butterfly" mercerized cotton in DK weight. It's braided so there is no splitting and I am enjoying working with it although I usually hate knitting with cotton. I will definitely use this yarn again. The project is a very simple garter stitch jacket and hat on size 8 needles. Here's the progress so far:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I found out yesterday that the lady who said she had the skein of my Cascade 220 yarn that I need to finish my big sweater was actually mistaken. She only "thought" she had it so the hunt is still on for dye lot 8811. I need so little of it! I can't believe it's been this hard to locate it.

0 comments: