Friday, April 29, 2005

Knitting Weather is BACK!!!!

It's cold. It's rainy. It's dreary. It's knitting weather. I'm not sure what happened to Spring. I have made some serious progress on my other Opal sock and I'm trying to talk myself into starting the cashmere socks next. I'm sort of "socked" out though. Why did I buy so much sock yarn knowing that I have the attention span of a person with serious ADD?

Work is crazy. It's that time of year. I love my job but 10% of the time, the stress could kill you and I'm livin that 10% right now. I'd love to know why Dentists have the highest suicide rate among the professions. What's so stressful about filling teeth? (It's stressful for the drillee but I can't imagine why it's so stressful for the drillor) Try dealing with people fighting and crying over the home of their dreams when you have multiple offers. THAT'S stress. I find it amazing that realtors aren't at the top of that list. I think we're all just too crazy to ever do anything that crazy! That must be it.

Next weekend is the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival. I'm looking to do some serious spending there. The list of vendors is very impressive so I have to be organized and know exactly what projects I want to buy for. I definitely want to do another clapotis in fall colors and I'd like to do several of the scarves in "Scarf Style" for Christmas gifts. I also REALLY covet Lady Eleanor in that book for myself. I have a feeling when I come back from there, I truly will be HIDING yarn.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

I don't know why the suicide rate is high for a dentist. My grandfather was a dentist and he tried to commit suicide and it didn't work. He lived to be 97 years old. Weird :<

Let me know how the MSW festival is as I am not attending.