Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Interweave Knits - Summer edition

I stopped by the grocery store on my way to work this morning and I always glance at the magazine rack when I walk by to see if there are any new knitting publications. I saw the new Interweave Knits summer edition so, being the cheapster that I am, I picked it up and studied it before deciding whether to purchase it or not. I was less than impressed. First of all, maybe I'm just too old but I don't get the whole "shrug" thing. You talk about a fad that's going to disappear, that's it. I'm not sure why someone would spend time making those things when in a short amount of time you wouldn't be caught dead in one. (I've been known to be wrong before and I'll be the first to admit I could be wrong about this too but I still don't get it) I sort of liked the lacy leaf pullover although I don't understand why the sleeves were so long. That would drive me INSANE. I really liked the dylan goes electric pullover for men but my husband would never wear it and my son would never wear it so I guess I don't need that pattern. The baby stuff is cute, but not cute enough to warrant spending $7.00 on the magazine so I put it back on the shelf. I know....picky, picky, picky.

0 comments: