Thursday, April 07, 2005

Current Sweater Knitting = BORING

I'll never do another easy sweater again. Yes, it's easy. But it's killing me. Another thing that's bothering me is that it's all sewn together at this point and I hate having to turn the whole big bulky sweater around with every row of the sleeve. Is that laziness? Probably. One thing is for sure, I better get it finished before hot weather because having that monstrosity on my lap in 80 degree weather isn't going to happen. That thing is HEAVY.

I was thinking I could make some major progress on it this weekend until I realized it's Penn State Orientation for my son which will consume a day and I will most likely work on Sunday since the weather is supposed to be nice. My garden will soon need attention too and my daughter has requested my presence in Delaware to help her with her's. I think my only option to find time to knit is to quit work. I wonder if anyone ever quit work to knit. Of course if I did that, I'd have to figure out a way to pay for the divorce. :-)

3 comments:

Laura said...

LOL! The first blog i come across using that 'next blog' button today and you're on about knitting. I've just posted photographic evidence of my knitting progress over at mine, although I don't think I'm quite up to your standard yet.

Nora said...

Your Claopis (okay I cannot spell it unless I looked at it) turned out so nice. It makes me want to try it...your advice about blocking is appreciated...I did not realize that it would "undo" the spring.

Tara said...

I love your Clapotis! What yarn did you use for it?

I daydream about quitting work to knit all the time! Sometimes, it's the only thing that gets me through the day... :)