Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Let There Be Socks

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Since I never stopped to pick up the additional sweater yarn that I need (maybe I'm afraid to) I decided to finish the socks that are on the needles. I'll do what I did last year and just knit up a whole bunch of socks, give some as Christmas gifts, and keep the rest. I obviously was not on my "A" game this morning when I took this photo. It's a mile away, off center, stuff in the background, etc. Probably too much caffeine. But you get the picture (ha).

I love sock knitting. It just seems to go so fast. I need that instant gratification I guess. I have some great Opal sock yarn that I bought on New Years Day just begging to be used. And I completely forgot about the cashmere I bought for my husband's socks until I saw it in the bag last night. There's a good chance that I'll stick to socks for a little while now just as a diversion and to do a little de-stashing. I have a good bit of traveling to do in the next month or so and socks are an easy "take along" project. So I am officially declaring Spring 2005 the season of socks. Ain't life exciting??


0 comments: