Monday, June 05, 2006

Pretty Yarn




This yarn jumped right out at me at Maryland Sheep and Wool. It has my sister's name all over it. These are definitely her colors. I was a little disappointed in the number of knots I found in it while winding it but it's so beautiful..In trying to decide what to do with it, I finally settled on a simple ribbed scarf. It will be great mindless knitting. I had more of a "wrap" thing in mind but every pattern I found called for more yarn than I have. Of course I'm so fickle that I could rip this out tonight and start something else with it before I get too far. I didn't want anything with too much of a pattern because that would defeat showing off the colors. I'm open to suggestions. There are 521 yards of it. It seems to be between a DK and worsted weight.

I really wanted to start the Baby Pea Pod sweater last night but I'm still stuck on that pattern. I worked on that chart a little bit over the weekend but still can't get it. I was looking forward to taking it to knitting night tomorrow to get some help but I found out over the weekend that I can't go because of a dinner I have to go to.

I forgot the photos of Lady Eleanor. I'll try to remember to do that tonight. I definitely want to knit another one of those for myself. I was thinking last night how gorgeous it would have been in the yarn above. I think I'll make that my goal for Maryland Sheep and Wool next year.... find some great yarn for my Lady Eleanor.

3 comments:

blackpurl said...

I loved reading your blog! thanks for sharing the photos of yarn. I only have one store that sells a variety of yarns here. You are so fortunate!

Lady Diana said...

Looking at this yarn made me want to eat fruit (watermelons and strawberries). Yum!

I'll be on the lookout for a project that will work with your yarn.

trek said...

Reminds me of falling leaves.