Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Clapotis III Progress and Other Stuff
















As Bonnie stated in her comment, this IS some seriously beautiful yarn! I'm totally loving the colors. But what a mistake to turn this into Clapotis. You won't believe what I have to go through to get the runners to run.















I have to painstakingly untangle every "runner" stitch from the one above it. The fibers tangle like mad. But on the other hand, it's going to be gorgeous when it's finished so it will be worth the extra effort. As much fun as this pattern is, I'm pretty sure that 3 is enough.

I finally got this yesterday after waiting for it for a while:
















After reading the instructions, it's pretty obvious that I could have and should have waited for it forever! It's way over my head. But it's so "me". It has little shells and starfish designs in it. If anyone should have a beach shawl, it should be me! And I do have the perfect yarn for it. I think it might be a "dead of winter" pattern for me with a lot of help from the LYS!!!

I'm so excited to have heard from my Pittsburgh Secret Pal the other day. I think she really is going to spoil me!!!

0 comments: