Tuesday, September 20, 2005

I've Been A Bad, Bad Girl





Remember all that Christmas knitting I was supposed to be doing?? Well I started another Clapotis for MYSELF instead! I got this yarn at the Maryland Sheep and Wool festival and the fall colors just jumped out at me over the weekend and made me want to whip up another clapotis. This one will be far heavier than the others I made. This yarn is on the verge of bulky (although it says worsted) so I'm not quite sure how this is going to turn out. We'll see.

And the daily RANT is that I got a manicure and pedicure over the weekend that cost a small fortune and my 6 year old grand niece could have done a better job. You think I might be exaggerating? Nope, I'm not. It is pathetic. And why did I walk out of there without asking for my money back? Your guess is as good as mine. I need some assertiveness training and I need it soon. You would laugh if you saw my nails. Ugh!

4 comments:

luvs2knit said...

The picture of your thumb doesn't look bad regarding your manicure. Hope you feel better soon : (

Anonymous said...

hey lady! sorry long time no email, this is your pgh sp!! anyway, on friday i dyed to skeins of merino sportweight yarn, i think around 800 yards in burgundy and purples and pinks...really gorgeous! i think you will love it...anyway, i will be shipping it out probably monday...so email me at daner_75@yahoo.com when you get it, ok?
hope you are doing well! your clappy looks great!

Anonymous said...

ok...i just reread your info on sp and now realize you hate purple...the yarn has fuschia and burgandy and a winey purplish color...will this be ok? if not, i can send you something different, really, no problem. let me know, as i don't want to send you something you won't like. it isn't predominantly purple and the purple is not grapey, it is more pink....ok, let me know, your secret pal...

Anonymous said...

Look at this way.....you may not like the mani-pedi but that is some seriously gorgeous yarn you've got in your hands.