Saturday, September 10, 2005

PITTSBURGH SECRET PAL QUESTIONNAIRE

1. Are you a yarn snob? Not really. Although I prefer to knit with natural fibers, I think there is a time and place for acrylics too. Some fun little projects call for acrylic yarn... like the little tiny Steeler hats I made last year.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do not and cannot spin. I can crochet but I prefer not to.

3. Do you have any allergies? Nope!

4. How long have you been knitting? Since elementary school and believe me, that was a LONG time ago. (but I didn't knit for years until just about a year ago.)

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes, I have an Amazon wishlist.

6. What is your favorite scent? Lavender in general and "Clean Cotton" if we're talking Yankee Candles.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Oh yeah. Everything and anything sweet is fine by me.

8. What other crafts or do-it-yourself things do you like to do? For years I made cold process soaps from scratch and I enjoyed it. But I got away from it when my mother got sick and I didn't have time to do it any more. Now I like to play with melt and pour soaps from time to time.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer play MP3's? My computer cannot play MP3's. If my computer turns on in the morning it's a good day. I like almost anything BUT country. Soft rock, new age Celtic, classical, James Taylor, Sting, Dave Matthews, Nora Jones, oldies, almost anything.

10. Do you have a favorite color? I like blues and greens, earth tones... browns, tans. I do not like purple. I'll wear anything but purple or lavender.

11. What is your family situation? Dysfunctional. Oh, that's not what you meant, right? :-) Ok... I have a husband, one married daughter, one daughter in college living away and one son in college living at home. And a cute old dog.

12. What are your life's dreams? Wow... deep. I dream that when I die, I still have 3 happy, healthy adult children who are content with the paths they have chosen, are in love with the partners they have chosen, and have healthy, happy children of their own. That's all I want.

13. What is your favorite yarn to knit with? I really like Cascade 220. I like wool. I also like Kertzer Butterfly cotton, Lorna's Laces, Wool In The Woods, and Opal sock yarns.

14. What yarns do you not like to knit with? I do not like chenille and I don't like fun fur type stuff.

15. What are your current knitting obsessions? I obsess about "Rogue" and other sweaters with celtic braids, but they are on the back burner until I get some Christmas things and baby things finished.

16. What are your favorite items to knit? I still love sock knitting. It's fun to turn the heel. I think it's my favorite.

17. What are you knitting right now? A pair of socks in washable wool and a scarf in very nice, soft alpaca.

18. What do you think about ponchos? I prefer a rectangular wrap.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? I'll only use circs when I have no choice and the pattern calls for it. I like straight needles.

20. Bamboo? Aluminum? Plastic? Bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes.

21. How did you learn to knit. My mother taught me the basics. She never really progressed beyond "straight" knitting like scarves and hats.

22. How old is your oldest unfinished object? This is a funny question. I finished an aran afghan for my mother last year that was 10 years old. Right now I have another one started that is about 1 year old.

23. What is your favorite animated character or animal/bird? I've always had a thing for koala bears.

24. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas. And I like Halloween too.

25. Is there anything that you collect? I used to collect snow globes. I still like them but they were taking over my house so I stopped. I like jewelry with a nautical theme like sailboat charms or sand dollars.

26. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None. I buy them all though. My fear is that a magazine will appear on the newsstand and I won't have mine in the mail yet. That would make me unhappy and I know it happens.

27. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I like any knitting for kids books.
I figure I'm going to be knitting for grandchildren before too long. (hopefully!)

For more about me.. check out the 100 things about me in February's archives.

0 comments: