Friday, September 09, 2005

Knitty.com - Fall Edition

Wow... great stuff! This (in my humble opinion) is one of the better ones.

Arisaig - I love this. But I wouldn't knit it because I wouldn't wear it. For some reason, wrap around things and I don't get along. I'm uncomfortable in them. It seems like excess baggage wrapped around me. But this is a beautiful design.

Samus - She had me in mind when she designed this...whoever SHE is. I'm such a sucker for those celtic braids. I love this sweater. Zippers scare the bejesus out of me though. I probably won't attempt to go here. (orange is SO in, isn't it??)

Cinxia - I'd make this. I'd wear this. It's just plain cute and simple.

Josephine - I really, really like this. But I wouldn't ever go to the trouble to knit it because you can buy a sweater so completely similar to this that it wouldn't be worth the trouble. (to me, that is) I have some sweaters purchased from QVC that are so similar. I understand that it's the sense of accomplishment for some knitters. But for me, my motivation is more along the lines of making something that you could never buy and this isn't it.

Blackberry - Adorable. I'd love to put this in my line up...someday.

Revolution - Downright awesome... for the right person. That person isn't me!

Lacey - So not me. But really cute.

Leaves in Relief - Beautiful. Lovely. Not on my list of future projects but I admire the skill involved in designing it.

Bloom - cute. Once again, not me, but cute.

Ella - Now this I love. But looking at the pattern totally freaks me out. It's that pesky ADD thing again.

Flora - That's so cute I can't stand it. I will make myself one of these.

Hipster - I'm trying to think who would like this. Not coming up with anyone. But, hey, it's cute !

Falling Leaves - cute socks. I have some knitpicks sock yarn that would be good to use for these. But I have to have a 7 inch cuff on my socks. I don't like them that short.

Bubby - awe.... a great baby project.

Edgar - I wouldn't make edgar. I like a straight scarf. The word Edgar makes me think of the movie "Men in Black". I loved that movie.

Astrodome - like it. That would be a good project to re-acquaint myself with Fair Isle.

0 comments: