Friday, September 30, 2005

S-T-R-E-S-S

Ok...where was I when they were handing out normal jobs? Probably sitting in a corner feeding my face. In the real estate biz, every now and then you're going to have a bad one. People are emotional buying and selling houses. It's understandable. Sometimes people don't understand the program so it's your job to explain the program to them. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try to explain the program, people just don't get the program. Sometimes people think they can "change" the program simply because they want the program to work they way they think it should. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love this job. I like people. I even like a challenge from time to time. But two "bad" ones, two days in a row, STRESSES ME THE HECK OUT!! They normally don't come in pairs. They sneak up on you from time to time when you least expect it. They don't normally hit you over the head and hog-tie you leaving you to wonder if there is any possibility of light at the end of the tunnel. I think the only thing more stressful than dealing with people who are negotiating one of the biggest financial transactions of their lives would be life and death situations in medicine. I would not want to be in those shoes. People might get upset in my business but nobody dies.

I just want to win the lottery and knit. Come to think of it, I have some lottery tickets in my purse that I haven't checked yet. Who knows. I could be a winner.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

I just bought two tickets tonight for tomorrow's drawing. I think I can retire on $126 million.