Thursday, September 15, 2005

Knitting for Kids















Wow.. the patterns in this book are ADORABLE. I can't wait to dig into some of these. Beautiful aran knits which I just love. I'm glad I came across it at my LYS the other day. I can envision myself using this book dozens of times in years to come.

The alpaca scarf is blocking. I'm disappointed with it. Love the pattern, love the yarn, but it's the wrong yarn for a scarf and it doesn't do that pattern justice. The scarf turned out limp and flimsy. I may keep it for myself because I'm not happy enough with it to give it as a gift. That yarn would have made a great, soft sweater. Live and learn.

Next up on the needles are another pair of socks for Miss Cate for Christmas. She picked some nice yarn out at the last sale at the LYS and I want to get them finished. I still have those grey socks on the needles (almost finished) so I'll get them done first.

I still haven't heard from my Pittsburgh Secret Pal so I have a feeling she/he may be traveling??
In any case, hope to hear from you soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.