Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Great Outdoors

It's really difficult to believe that it's been about 7 years since my sister in law died from the ravages of Multiple Sclerosis. She and my brother were sweethearts (and neighbors) from grade school on. She fought the good fight for a long time and I never heard her complain. I don't think she complained even to her family.

Today is the 6th Annual Anne E. Barnes Memorial Golf Tournament to benefit MS. Time flies. I can't believe we've been doing it this long. My job is sit on one of the greens to verify if anyone makes a hole in one. (They get a car! Someone better be watching!) I love this job. I get to sit outside, all day, in one of the most beautiful spots in Blair County. After a few years they offered to relieve me of these duties and find someone else willing to sit out there all day. Hey! No way sister!

Last year I got half a scarf done for Pete's sake! :-)

Give to MS.

3 comments:

minijaxter said...

go steelers! i hope roethlisberger is well enough to play next week

Yvonne said...

What a great day to be outside!! Bless you for being there for a good cause. (An old boss of mine won an Arabian horse with a hole in one...)

Shell said...

Huggs Holly. You are giving a great reminder to things like this. Hope you get a bunch of knitting done.