Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Petrified Almonds















In an effort to lose weight and eat healthier (before the beach) I bought these yesterday along with a fruit salad and yogurt for lunch. Of course I was trying to re-create the McDonalds fruit salad that I love, only make it better with strawberries and other fruit besides just apples and grapes. I almost succeeded. I was really enjoying it until I bit into one of these almonds. It was like biting into a stone. The pain just shot up my face. Now I have a tingling and numbness around the affected tooth. I'm sure I'll end up at the dentist unless it's something like a nerve injury or something that will eventually go away. I don't know too much about dental problems. But the moral of the story is... dont' buy these things. The walnuts are ok but the almonds are deadly. (of course I had to try other ones just to see if they were all that way and they were)

I continue to work on Trellis and Vine. Although I am close to the end, it seems to be taking forever and now I am concerned that I won't have it finished before the beach. I know I could do it without the drying and blocking time. It's going to be tight. And I'm so tired at night anymore that I do a few rows and go to bed. Maybe I should consider taking the synthroid that I'm supposed to be taking to alleviate this problem. Yep. Add the pharmacy to my list of things to do. I'm such a bad patient.

3 comments:

Donna said...

Ick I hope you don't have to go to the dentist. Really I take good care of my teeth, I am just one of those people who have bad teeth. I now have another scrip to take cause of my recent dental trip. Uugghh!

Anonymous said...

TAKE YOUR SYNTHROID!!!!!!
please for the love of god take your synthroid.

i was sleeping 16 hours a day and was still tired before i started taking mine on a regular basis.
every morning...
please!!

Cheryl:) said...

I did this once on a popcorn kernel...fractured a tooth...most expensive box of popcorn ever --$375.
Ended up with a crown. All over BEVERLY HILLS COP 2.