Friday, July 15, 2005

Finished Accessory

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think it turned out so cute! I can see more of these little bags in my future. I wasn't crazy about the sewing that was involved attaching it to the handles though. That took longer than I would have liked and the knots in the bamboo got in the way of a smooth and uniform line of stitches.

Things are going better with Michaela. I'm getting the hang of it. I found that as long as I take it slow and don't get too distracted, I'm okay. I was one stitch off on a row last night and had to back-track two rows one stitch at a time and re-count everything and find the mistake. It took FOREVER. Usually, in a non-lace piece, I just pull everything off the needles and just start ripping. You can't do that with lace... at least I can't.

Tomorrow I'm going to Delaware to visit my older daughter and son-in-law. I already informed my daughter, who does not knit, that we'll be visiting yarn shops. I think she is less than thrilled. One stop will be at the "Wool Gathering" in Kennett Square, PA. It advertises having a definite "celtic feel" inside. Is that MY kind of shop or WHAT???? I've been wanting to visit for a year now.
Wool Gathering

Other stops may include "Bag of Yarn" in Chadds Ford and "Stitches with Style" in Wilmington. That is, if I can talk her into it. Hopefully I can find the cashmere blend I've been searching for for my boss's Christmas scarf. I don't know exactly what I want, but I know that I'll know it when I see it! If that makes sense.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Love the purse!!!