Friday, July 22, 2005

Lace II - Frogged!

Well, I hated it. It was going okay but I just hated the way it looked. I'm going to put that yarn away for now and forget about a shawl. It obviously is not meant to be right now. So the good news it that I can start working on my sister's clapotis tonight and over the weekend. The aran scarf for my boss is coming along but it's a boring knit. That will be a good "take along" project for when I need something to do at an Open House or waiting for clients. I do like the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran yarn.

The yarn shop in Ireland never answered my inquiry about whether or not I have enough yarn for Rogue. Wouldn't it be absolutely terrible to get that 3/4 of the way finished and then run out? And why don't they mark the yardage on those bags??? That doesn't even make sense. Those people are world-class knitters. You would think they would realize the importance of yardage! The lady told my daughter "It's enough for a woman's sweater, but not a man's extra-large". So, I'm wondering, with the extra yardage for the big hood, do I have enough?

I'm anxious for the Vogue Fall knitting magazine to come out. I usually like most of the patterns in Vogue. I was very disappointed with Interweave Knits Fall edition. I don't know why I'm so anxious for it to arrive.... it's not like I don't have enough projects swimming around in this head of mine to last for the next 3 years! I really don't need any more! But it's fun to look, isn't it?

0 comments: