Decision made... I started this last night. My plan is to get this finished and still have time to make Clapotis for my sister's birthday the end of August. We'll see. The yarn I'm using for this project was meant for the Seascape Shawl by Fibertrends but the pattern never came in to the store so I'll use this yarn for this project. The yarn is "splitty" and a little irritating. Here is last night's progress:
Below you will see the disaster that once was the almost finished back of "W". Yep.... frogged. Completely and totally frogged. Why? Well I started the 5th wedge and I could see that something had gone terribly wrong. Because W is knit from side to side, and every single row is different, and because I am using a fuzzy-type yarn, I absolutely could not figure out where I went wrong. With this yarn, you can't even tell which are the knit stitches and which are the purl stitches. I just decided it was easier to rip it all and start again from scratch... someday. It's on permanent hold until I get this other stuff finished. Sad, because it was going so well.
And here is the finished square that will be the little clutch bag. I'll look for the handles this evening at A.C. Moore. I don't know if they carry those or not. It should be easy to find fabric lining at JoAnn Fabrics. I try to avoid going in there most of the time because every time I do, it makes me want to sew again and I REALLY don't have time to get back in to that.
Wednesday, July 13, 2005
Posted by Holly at 8:18 AM