Friday, July 08, 2005

Portable Knitting

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I always keep a pair of socks with me in a little fabric bag to pick up and knit when I am sitting at a property waiting for clients. It gives me something constructive to do to pass the time and they are easy to carry around. I am enjoying the ribs on this pattern. It's a nice change from the pattern that I usually use (basic sock pattern by Regia) This pattern is called "Quick Knit Socks" and it uses DK weight yarn and does knit up very quickly. It was written by the proprietor of my LYS and can be purchased from her if anyone is interested. (www.victoriasneedleart.com) This yarn is Sirdar's Country Style DK which I love.

In other knitting news, I finished the back of "Arlene" last night. So the two pieces are finished and all I have to do now is the finishing work which I hate. It needs blocked and then crocheted around the arm holes and finished up with little connecting straps. I get to this point and I just want to PAY someone to do the rest of it so I can move on the next project. And speaking of the next project, instead of starting in on the finishing work that needs done, I cast on for the front of "W" and made pretty good progress on that last night. I would think that in about two weeks time I'll have two summer tops to wear. Although, looking at the piece of "W" that I do have finished, I'm thinking that it may end up to be Catie's top. For once in my life I think I actually knit something too small which is a real switch for me. I'm not sure how to knit something that will fit me. I look at the measurements, I know MY measurements, and I think I'm knitting the right thing and it never turns out. I know what you're thinking... I don't check gauge. Right? But I do! Well, I'm not giving up. No matter what I knit, my theory is, it will fit someone!

0 comments: