Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Lace Knitting + Attention Deficit Disorder = Total Frustration

Wow... I don't know if I can do this Michaela thing. I keep losing my place. I get lost in the pattern. I can't concentrate on it. At this point I can't tell if the pattern is emerging or not so I have to keep on going. At the end of some of the rows, there were not enough stitches to finish the pattern sequence. That certainly doesn't seem normal to me. But in the instructions, it says that the number of stitches will not be the same on every row because of the pattern. I don't know if that means that it's ok to end a row in the middle of * to * or not. I guess my only option is keep on truckin until I can see the pattern in the work. This is such a bummer. If nothing else, now I know how my son must have felt every day in school. And I probably did too... but I've managed to block it all which is probably a blessing.

0 comments: