Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Future Projects

The new Kertzer Butterfly Super 10 yarns arrived at the LYS and the proprietor had to show Cate these patterns to go with the yarn:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And of course now she wants one. Currently having 3 W'sIP, and about 5 other projects in my head that I have to complete for Christmas, I can safely say that THIS is going to wait until next year. You can check out the Kertzer site here: [ S. R. Kertzer Limited: Freebies ]

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is also a must. It's Trellis at knitty.com. It's just too cute for words. I read the instructions and they are a real stretch for me, but with the help of the LYS, I think I can pull it off... if I camp there and become a permanent fixture.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And this pattern is just absolutely "gnawing" at me still. Lady Eleanor from the Scarf Style book. My problem with this is that I want to make it with really good yarn and when I see one that is worthy, and figure out how much I need, I then need to be resucitated when I see the price. It's nice, but not "cardiac arrest" nice.

So the new "Knitty" is up for summer. The MAN issue! I have to say that I'll probably never knit a sweater for my husband in this lifetime. First of all, he's not crazy about sweaters. He gets too warm in them. My son is too picky about what he wears so I'll never knit for him either. I was SO looking forward to that and what a letdown! I'm sure it made all the guy knitters happy though!



1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly,
I have to agree with you regarding the knitty.com man's issue. I thought lucky was nice; however, my husband won't want anything tight around his chest. Very disappointing.

As for the little cable sweater, very cute, do you have somebody to make if for?

Have you tried www.knitpicks.com for yarn for your Lady Eleanor? I thought 12 skeins of Noro was a bit much for that project.

Good luck : )