Friday, July 01, 2005

Bats in the belfry...

or more accurately, A bat in the bedroom. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. We were about due again. It seems that about every 10 years or so we get a bat in the house. There are tons of bats in the old historic buildings in our town and at dusk you see them flying everywhere. The story of this particular bat is that it landed on my son's chest in the middle of the night waking him from a sound sleep and causing him to jump out of bed like a bold of lightning. If that had happened to me I can assure you that I'd be dead right now. My heart would have stopped. So, anyhow, the men, in their infinite wisdom decided that it was too late at night to start the hunt so they closed the bedroom door, my son slept on the couch and they got up early this morning to hunt the little bugger down. And guess what? THEY CAN'T FIND IT. I am SOOOO at the Hampton Inn tonight.

In knitting news, there is none. Once again no knitting last night. Work is consuming me these days... and nights. I'm not complaining. I just miss knitting.

The LYS is having a midnight madness sale on the 3rd from 10:00pm to 1:00am. That should be fun. I'm going to go get my yarn for the seascape shawl. Since the pattern hasn't come in yet, I don't even know what to buy but I'm assuming it is going to call for lace weight. I'd like to get a cashmere blend for my boss's Christmas scarf too but I don't think she has any. Photos of my new stash to come!

0 comments: