Monday, October 24, 2005

Monster Needles, Cheap Yarn, Fun Halloween Scarf, and Feeding My Addiction

This is what I did last night:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

with these:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Size 50 needles... and if you think they're easy to work with, think again! Boy did they feel awkward. But they produced the exact look I was going for for the Halloween scarf. I got to use up some cheap yarn in my stash which makes me happy.

In other knitting news, Catie and I went to Barnes and Noble in State College and I found this:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I think it has every aran design and combination there could possibly be in it.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's like Holly heaven. I'm not sure what I'll ever do with it but it's nice to have. It's not like I'll ever design anything. That pesky little math problem pretty much insures that design is NOT in my future. But I could certainly work some of these designs into a scarf or throw.

Before we hit Barnes and Noble, we hit Cold Stone Creamery:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Ice Cream Franchise Cold Stone Creamery
If you don't have one of these near you, drive, sister, drive to the nearest one. OMG! Good. Our eyes were a little bigger than our stomachs though and we ended up (sadly) throwing a good portion of it in the trash because it was just too much and too rich... but, oh my, was it good. If you get one of their concoctions, buy a small. That's all I have to say.

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly...I love the scarf!!! Very Halloweenish!!

I used the Aran book on your blog for my Master Knitter's program and found it very useful. Looks like cables are your friends.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the drool on my keyboard.

First the book with the cable pictures. Then top it off with ICE CREAM ??? Yum and yum!