Monday, October 03, 2005

Total Knitting Frenzy!

I'm a machine I tell ya.... a machine. I was more or less house confined yesterday and today because of a test I had to have at the hospital this morning (we won't go into that, trust me) and all I've done for two straight days is knit. I finished the grey socks, another project, and started another project. (These projects will remain nameless due to the lovely Cate lurking here from time to time and I don't want to ruin any surprises).

I also surfed the web quite a bit and I found this awesome child's hat pattern:

http://www.kidsknits.com/free/piece_of_cake.htm

This would be adorable for my little grandniece in Colorado... the fair isle one. I love those colors. After reading the instructions, I realize that the instructions for that tassle tie-cord thing are not there and that's what makes the whole hat. Looking at it, I don't really understand how they did that.

Tomorrow night is knitting night. Someone is going to demonstrate needle felting...or something like that. I don't even know what that is. I guess I'll find out!!

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Needle felting should be interesting. Cannot wait to hear how you like/dislike it.

Janey said...

The pattern says "Crochet a chain 16" long" doesn't it? Not that it looks like any crochet I've seen. (But then again, crocheting is not my preferred activity.)
What is more looks like, to these tired eyes, is i-cord.
Why don't you have a go at an i-cord and see if it looks similar?

Happy knitting,
Janey