Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First 2006 FO!















It's a pattern from "Learn to Knit Socks": http://www.carylldesigns.com/books/LA_learn_to_knit_socks.jpg

(oh, and by the way, I totally learned to knit socks using this book. If anyone out there wants to learn, and thinks it may be difficult, this is the book for you. It has directions for every short row and decrease row... it doesn't ASSUME that you know what you're doing. It's great)

A DK weight cashmere blend on size 3 needles.

They will be good for work. One of the few pairs of socks I ever made that I can actually wear with dress pants. So hopefully my feet will be a little warmer.

More on New Year's Resolutions regarding knitting:

I want to learn to use the drop spindle my Pittsburgh Secret Pal sent me and I want to learn to do socks on two circular needles.

In reality, I've decided that I need to knit a little less this year. My house needs some attention in the way of interior painting and decorating so I have to try to concentrate on that. I put that off long enough because I hate it. But it's time now. With the new grandchild coming, I just need to get some things in order. I need to try to prioritize. I really don't have that much free time as it is. I think if I get a few larger knitting projects completed this year it will be a good year.

3 comments:

Yvonne said...

Those socks are awesome!!!! who was your SP??? I must've missed that. LOL

Yvonne said...

oops...now I remember. You had Natasha!!! (duh moment.)

Anonymous said...

Wow! Socks on day 3!
mmm... cashmere :-)