Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Ok... I lied.

I did knit last night. I got home from dinner at 9:30pm and what else is a person going to do while watching re-runs of Law and Order? It was certainly too late to get into anything else so I started Corrie's sweater. She will be born by C-Section on Friday so it's time to get my butt in gear on this one.
















I chose acrylic yarn because the colors sucked me in, it's easy care for baby, and I justified it by telling myself it was high quality "yarn shop" acrylic. Well, I'm not a fan. High quality or not.
The whole time I'm knitting I'm telling myself how much better this would be in wool. I don't like the look of it. I don't like the feel of it. Holy Heck!!!!!!! I AM a yarn snob!! On the positive side, I like how the pattern is written. Unlike the Phildar patterns I've worked with, (which I'm convinced get lost in translation from French to English) this Sirdar pattern is written very well, and easy to follow. I'm a little nervous about the intarsia that's coming up but I feel like it's going to be more of a pain in the neck than difficult.

So how about Laurie getting to go to Paris? I'm beside myself with jealousy. :-) You go girl!
I want a full report upon your return. I want to know if the food is good and if the French are as rude as my sister says they are. (she travels a lot) Bring me back a photo of the Eiffel Tower I can use for my desktop background!

Well, since I'm going to be contributing to the financial well being of the Pennsylvania state college system in a BIG way this week in the book stores of both Slippery Rock University and the Pennsylvania State University, I better go try to sell some real estate.

1 comments:

luvs2knit said...

Holly, you better get a move on the sweater if the baby is going to be born this week.

So, do you think that upscale yarn shops should not have acryle? Just asking for an opinion.