Thursday, January 26, 2006

One Sleeve Down... One to Go















I finished the first sleeve last night but was too tired to bind it off. I can't wait to get this thing finished. I'm glad I chose to make the larger size because it's going to take a while. I'm beginning to think I should have made the "freshman in college" size. :-)

I am going to try the next sleeve without the bobbins using "manageable lengths" at the suggestion of Laurie. I believe that someone else (with a Pitt email address?) emailed me about that method as well. So, yes, I will try that next. This has been a great learning experience.

I'm going to try to talk my husband into a trip to State College tomorrow to Barnes and Noble. I like to drag him along sometimes. There are a few books I want to try to find. I need a good one for finishing techniques. I have always been sloppy about that. I never cared, I just wanted to get it done. I figured if it looks ok on the outside it's good enough for me. No more of that. I'm going to do it right from now on! This a year of improving skills and learning new techniques! Remember... I'm getting a grandchild to knit for!!! (so why was mediocre good enough for my own kids???)

2 comments:

luvs2knit said...

I love the sleeve. What a wonderful present for the baby.

Sarah said...

Looks lovely! Can't wait to see the rest!