Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Not much knitting news.....

I did work on Kepler last night. I finished the second sleeve band and started the first waist band. I found a few mistakes in the knitting but no one but me would ever know they are there, and since I'm NOT a total perfectionist (unlike most Virgos), they're stayin there.

I printed out my Mapquest directions to Pittsburgh Mills today. It's exactly 100 miles and should take 2 hours. I'll leave way early and check out the Galleria. Cate has decided to go back to Slippery Rock a day early so her Dad will take her Saturday and I won't be combining that chore with this trip. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

My iron died this morning so I'm a little wrinkly today. We have the bad habit of "ironing as you go" instead of doing ironing in combination with the laundry. I hang everything up out of the dryer but I don't iron it first. I remember my mother standing for hours on the weekends ironing. No way Jose. A good 5 minutes every morning and I'm good to go. Unless the iron breaks... like it did this morning. I was sure we had a spare. I'm looking everywhere and never did find it. But my husband was in a lot worse shape than me. He had an important meeting and nothing to wear that even remotely resembled a pressed appearance. I got out of there before I had to watch him walk out the door in that condition. Some wife I am. I guess I'll be making a stop at K-Mart or Target at lunch time. (Sorry... won't do WalMart. Just shoot me.)

No knitting tonight... dinner with my sister and a friend. It's always a good time. This is my way of warning you that tomorrow's post in the knitting blog is going to be just as boring as today's.

5 comments:

caitlyn said...

I don't like ironing, so I am a *huge* fan of wrinkle-free dress shirts and pants for my husband!

Donna said...

eeewww! I hate to iron. The only things I iron on a regular basis are my husbands uniforms. Which reminds me I have to iron one today. I was a bad wife and did not iron yesterday. S'ok though my husband is way better at ironing than I am. If we have to go somewhere that requires nicely pressed clothing, he does the ironing!

luvs2knit said...

Looking forward to meeting you on Sunday!

Yvonne said...

YAY, you're coming on Sunday!! Yippee!!!

Cheryl:) said...

I am so glad you are coming on Sunday!!!
and ironing... I iron as I need.