Friday, January 20, 2006

A Little Knitting Content



This is it. I've had it. I am totally washing my hands of the "rip-off" company once and for all. I had finally decided to buy the larger rattan handles that they suggested (against my better judgement) and I went to the site to order them and I found these (photo above). They were not on the site the day before. They are a little bigger than the ones I have so I went ahead and ordered them. They were $5.75 a piece. So $11.50. Add $6.00 shipping... so $17.50. When the box came yesterday, it didn't weigh anything. Really. It was just like there was nothing in the box. These things are like styrofoam. They're hard but .. hollow? I don't know. They don't weigh anything. They're crap. I guess you can do this when you have absolutely no competition. Anyone want to start a wooden handle business?

I finished the first Valentine Sock except for the kitchener. I just didn't feel like doing it. When I finished that I worked more on the intarsia baby sweater sleeve. While that is a pain in the butt I'm settling into a groove with it. I tend to put it off but once I get started it seems to go okay.

Real estate is picking up so I'll be working this weekend. Not much time to knit. :-( I guess you gotta take the bad with the good.

1 comments:

Yvonne said...

Holly...contact a local custom woodworker, and ask them if they could make handles like you're looking for. Or go to a craft show where there's someone who makes shelves, etc. -- I'm willing to bet that they'd do it...not to mention, you won't pay for shipping and you'll support the local economy. :-)